TRANSLATE

Saturday, February 18, 2012

A Walk in the Park....

I recently noticed that "NO TRESPASSING" signs had been posted in the windows of empty mobile homes throughout Upland Cascade Mobilehome Park.


I decided to take a walk and count how many empty homes are actually in the park at this time.  What I found was that there are no less that 30 empty homes with "NO TRESPASSING" signs posted and in addition to that, there are approximately 17 empty dirt lots. These numbers reflect a 25% vacancy rate in our park which is, in my opinion, the result of the gross mismanagement by our park owners and the trojan horse contracts they employ.


These "NO TRESPASSING" signs also indicate a couple of things that may or may not be obvious to you. One is that since the signs were apparently placed in the empty homes by park management  the 30 empty homes most likely belong to our park owners. I have often pointed out that our park has had a history of an extraordinarily high eviction rate as well as residents walking away from their homes because they could not sell them and simply could not afford their escalating space rents. Consequently, guess who ends up owning the vacant homes???  The second thing is that quite possibly our mobile home park has deteriorated to the point of where there is a problem with vandalism and squatters.  I guess that says a lot about our "sophisticated" park owners.


If you reside in any of the Tatum Kaplan owned mobile home parks I challenge you to go take a walk in the park and see if what is going on there is much different than what I have reported above.  Let me know.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Its the same in Terrace View Mobile Home Estates in El Cajon, Ca. We have 65 empty Mobile Homes and Lots out of 205 spaces. And the space rent is between $1200 and $1600 a month. People are leaving like the titanic is sinking. The writing is on the wall here. And tatum and Kaplan are the cause. The lack of moral ethics and greed is unfucking believeable. They are ruining so many lives.

Anonymous said...

I've seen it here at Swan Lake in Eastvale as well. When I purchased my home, the space rent was $ 795 now 8 years later it is up to $1025. How is this RENT CONTROL??? The yearly increase puts me in a foreseeable status of "at risk for homelessness" I'm permanently disabled and used all my settlement to buy here. A friend of mine couldn't afford her rent after being here a decade and she was forced to walk away from her home while her eldest son, just 19 was going through cancer treatment. She herself didn't have papers and felt she had no recourse. While living in their car, her son succumbed to his illness. I'm not saying they caused cancer but who throws a family out under such dire circumstances . I'd taken her son to the ER myself before and knew it was the truth not a story to get sympathy but they have none. To top it off they have staff at the office who treat us as if we are bothering them any time we have a question, other than "who should I make the check out to again ?" I went to the office to request simply the park ID number as it was required on HCD application for permit when i had a new waterheater installed. They told me I could give to them and they'd complete and turn it in for me. But didn't feel comfortable providing that information to me directly. I own my home and have asked numerous times for them to cut the tree on the vacant lot beside with branches hanging over my home and even coming in contact with the roof in more than one spot. They always say a work order was put in, let me check on that and get back to you. My first request happened before Halloween 2021! If their negligence causes fire damage to my home they will be criminally negligent. I'm disabled and gay and experience discrimination by park MANAGMENT in multiple ways. People are too scared around her to assert their rights. I don't have the energy to fight them alone call me 9515158227