TRANSLATE

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Things to do...

On my desk are folders, piles of papers, computer keyboard, monitor, printer and a small calendar with daily words of wisdom/inspiration. (FYI...the calendar has been long neglected.) Recently, my wife had a list of "honey-do's" for me so I tore the June 10, 2007 page from the calendar and listed them on the back. The list was then safely tucked away (and forgotten) in my wallet. This morning while looking for a Starbucks gift card I thought I had in my wallet, I stumbled across the forgotten "honey-do" list. Whoops!!! Fortunately I had somehow covered most of the bases of the list...at least enough to keep me out of trouble for a while. Anyway, while having my coffee this morning with no newspaper, I turned the "honey-do" list over and read the following:

"The strong take from the weak and the smart take from the strong."

That's it. "The strong take from the weak and the smart take from the strong." It's time for us to get smart and deal with this long term lease situation. We need to get smart and stop spinning our wheels by just complaining about our individual cases at our Homeowners Association meetings. We need to get smart and set goals and focus our collective energies, strengths and ideas towards achieving them. We need to get smart and educate ourselves on issues such as Proposition 98 that will be on the June, 2008 ballot.

"The strong take from the weak and the smart take from the strong." A powerful message on a scrap of paper I had used for a to do list. Remember it and be sure to attend the next Homeowners Association meeting.

Inaction produces nothing. Spread the word.

No comments: